MA Digital Effects graduate from Bournemouth University (NCCA) who also holds a First Class Honours degree in Computer Games Modelling. Has two years experience as an Environment Artist in the games industry. Skilled in producing both simple and complex 3D artwork for clients to set timescales and budget. Always aiming to produce beautiful moving images and go the extra mile. A team player that enjoys working with other talented hardworking people with aspirations to make amazing and inspiring work.
February 2017 - Present
Layout Artist | Industrial Light & Magic |
Solo: A Star Wars Story: (October 2017 to Present)
- Layout and matchmove in the early stages of the project until now. Constantly liasing directly with the Layout Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to tackle compositional issues on the show.
Avengers: Infinity War: (September 2017 to October 2017)
- Layout and matchmove tasks in the early stages of this project for a couple of months.
Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom: (August 2017 to September 2017)
- Layout and matchmove tasks in the early stages of this project for a few weeks.
Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (February 2017 to August 2017)
- Layout, match-animation and matchmove on the show.
October 2016 - February 2017
May 2016 – October 2016
Junior 3D Artist | Realise Studio |
Emerald City (TV): NBC
- Primary responsibility was Layout for a most episodes. Also tasked with pre-visualisation, modelling, texturing and lighting.
April 2016 – May 2016
Camera + Body Tracking Artist | Double Negative Visual Effects |
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: David Yates
- Performing both single frame line-ups and full body tracks using animation and camera matching skills through Maya and 3D Equalizer.
September 2015 – April 2016
3D Runner | Double Negative Visual Effects | London
Runner duties include transporting data to collaborating studios, preparing client meetings, general studio upkeep and fulfilling artists’ needs. Also undertaking 3D training after work.
September 2013 – August 2014
Environment Artist | Rebellion | Oxford
Zombie Army Trilogy: PC/Xbox One/PS4
- Created ‘City of Ashes’ level from design to near completion. Environment built from scratch along with re-appropriated NZA2 art. Also lit and set-dressed environment. Left to study MA in at Bournemouth University.
Zombie Army 2 (NZA2): PC
- Created ‘Crucible of Evil’ level from design to completion. Environment built by joining previous levels together, customising to design, and then performance optimised. Level set-dressed and lit to reflect a ‘John Carpenter’ mood.
May 2012 – September 2013
Junior Environment Artist | Blitz Games Studios Leamington Spa
- Responsible for project art direction and 3D environment creation for stylised PC based game.
Autodesk Architectural Visualiser (PC):
- Designed, modelled, textured, lit, optimised and bug fixed a real-time environment showcasing a modern house to an almost photo-realistic quality.
Wake Up with Disney: iOS & Android
- Modelled, textured, lit (through vertex bake) and optimised a Disney-style environment for i0S for a pitch to Disney.
Transformers Universe: PC/Internet Browser
- Modelled and textured (using only diffuse textures) low-poly vehicle props for Jagex’s browser-based online game.
- Modelled and textured high quality props for private client’s third person shooter.
September 2014 - August 2015
MA Digital Effects | Bournemouth University (NCCA
Grade: Master’s with Merit (Distinction achieved for Master’s Project)
- Thoroughly experienced full VFX production pipeline, both in theory and practice.All projects undertaken were from concept to completion focusing on developing and mastering 3D skills.
- Acquired skills in on-set/in-studio footage acquisition for both live action shooting and individual elements along with green screen shooting/extraction.
September 2008 - June 2011
BA Computer Games Modelling and Animation | University of Derby
Grade: First Class with Honours
- Published dissertation: Stereoscopic 3D In Video Games (ISBN: 978-1-4577-1451-1).
- Experienced in researching, planning, designing and creating environments and assets for game engines.
- Led and managed an art team of five people during group project.
Available upon request!
Film, games, music, creating art, gym, running, socialising, travelling.